I know! I have been there. Wedding vocabulary can be very confusing. Some of the words are pretty unfamiliar and others we don’t even know if those words exist. Just like that, a wedding planner and a Day of wedding coordinator sound similar, but they are way different. Both the wedding planners and day of wedding coordinators are lifesavers, and I mean it. If you have been looking for a wedding planner, wedding coordinator, or a destination wedding consultant for your big day, but you don’t have an idea of how their responsibilities differ, you are in the right place. Without further ado, let’s get deeper into what these terms actually mean.
Difference Between Wedding Planner vs. Day of Wedding Coordinator
Wedding planners are responsible for making the whole wedding process smooth and seamless. They handle all the logistics and make sure it’s budget-friendly. From contracts, negotiation to vendor referrals to all the necessary meetings is covered under wedding planning. If you have a limited budget for your big day, make sure you hire the most professional wedding planner.
If you are already on a strict budget, you can learn this skill and plan your wedding, but nothing beats services of the professional wedding planners who have executed the process and know the tips and tricks to make sure your wedding a dream process.
So here’s what wedding planners do:
- They can put as much as 250 hours to help you have a budget-friendly and seamless wedding
- They are responsible for negotiating contracts, vendor referrals, and he schedules all the vendor meetings. The will also responsible for transportation and hotel room blocks.
- Wedding planners oversee everything, including its rehearsal, timelines with your photographer and videographer, floor plans, menu tasting, and site tours.
- It’s always great to hire a wedding planner to have a stress-free and seamless wedding process, particularly if you don’t have a lot of time for all of these details or if you have a short time frame for planning.
Day of Wedding Coordinator
Also called wedding day coordinator, a day-of wedding coordinator is one of the hottest trends in wedding planning today. A wedding coordinator uses his experience, knowledge, and skill and logically focuses on making your big day hassle-free and assisting the couples in beautiful ways. He contributes his time and efforts and works on a shorter timeline than a planner.
Unlike a wedding planner, a day of wedding day coordinator invests a few hours for your wedding, although it depends upon the specific needs of the couple but jumps into the process just a month before your big day. The day of the wedding coordinator usually assists those couples who are planning their wedding day themselves. Having a wedding coordinator enables them to enjoy themselves without worrying about anything.
Here are the responsibilities of the wedding coordinator
- He starts working with you for almost a month before your wedding day. Day of a wedding coordinator is responsible for confirming the vendor contracts, guest counts, keep track of your budget, and release payments.
- A wedding coordinator makes the process easier for those couples who are flying blind through wedding planning.
- The wedding coordinator creates detailed floor plans and timelines and completes the final walk through the ceremony.
- He almost oversees everything at the wedding and helps you create incredible memories along the way. It’s critical to have a wedding coordinator on board if you are detailed oriented and extremely organized.
Hire a wedding coordinator and a wedding planner if you want somebody to take care of every detail so that you don’t miss anything special. Before you could hire a day-of wedding coordinator or wedding planner make sure you ask for the recommendations and read reviews.
Complete Weddings + Events in Fort Lauderdale and South Florida Areas
If you’re planning a wedding in Fort Lauderdale, FL, then you’ve landed at the right place! Now that you’ve said YES! to spending your life together, you have some exciting decisions ahead. At Complete Weddings + Events planning, wedding events are what we do best. Complete Weddings + Events, Fort Lauderdale’s leading provider of event and wedding photography, videography, lighting, DJ services & photo booth rental.