Are you struggling with finding out what to wear for your engagement session? This thought is what most brides encounter when thinking about their engagement shoot! Many questions race through your mind regarding the weather, location, and overall vision! If you could imagine your dream engagement photos, how would they turn out? Here are a few tips and tricks on how to pick out the perfect outfit for you and your Fiancè.
What to Wear for Engagement Photos
The first step is to pick a location. Find the spot that caters to all your needs and overall vision! Are you looking for warm tones, cool tones, florals, open land? Create a mood board of the colors you want to incorporate in these photos! Make sure to talk to your photographer. Most of the time photographers have already scoped out amazing locations that can be used for a variety of different photos.
The next step in the process is figuring out what kind of shots you want the photographer to take. You can find amazing examples of Pinterest! Look through photographers’ portfolios to get some inspiration too. Before you choose your photographer make sure to do research on the type of photographer he/she is! Some photographers are amazing at the crystal clear cool-toned edit. Whereas, other photographers have a better eye for warm tones. Allow yourself the opportunity to explore and find a photographer that fits everything you are looking for.
Now onto the good stuff! Now that you have chosen a photographer, location, and the types of photos you are wanting to take, it’s finally time to pick out outfits for engagement photos. Feel free to bring two for an outfit switch. There is always time for an outfit change, location change, or anything you require!
Things to consider when looking for outfits:
- Try not to be too over the top with the outfits. Think of engagement outfits as dressy casual. You want an outfit that is going to show everyone your personality. Be yourself!
- Wear something that is comfortable. If you are uncomfortable, it will show through the photos!
- Wear something that is not only complementary to your partner, but to your surroundings! If the location offers a lot of texture with leaves, grass, artwork, etc. Pick naturals and solids that will compliment that!
- Accessories! Pick a statement piece, whether that’s fun colored earrings, a beautiful necklace! Be careful not to let the accessories overshadow you.
- Last but not least, bring multiple outfits. There is ALWAYS time for an outfit change! Why not change into another outfit and get amazing photos? That just leaves you with more photos to choose from!
Complete Weddings + Events Indianapolis
We’d love to chat with you about your Photography, Videography, DJ, Event Uplighting, Day of Coordination, and/or Photo Booth needs! Contact us today to learn more about our Indianapolis wedding services. Otherwise, visit our blog to get more great ideas about your wedding.