We’ve all heard of the infamous Garter and bouquet toss. This means you’ve probably heard the same songs played over and over again. The Bouquet toss is known for playing Girls just want to have fun by Pat Benatar, or Single Ladies by Beyonce etc. If you’ve seen a Garter toss you already know the types of songs that are played during that segment of the wedding. Considering the Garter toss and Bouquet toss will be a tradition that will continue to be a part of many peoples weddings, I wanted to share some new songs to be played during that time!
When choosing a song for the Garter toss keep a couple things in mind. Number one thing to think about is how comfortable you are around your family. Number two, are you wanting to keep it light and fun or the exact opposite? Based on who is in attendance at the wedding make sure you decide wisely. You don’t want to hear if from grandma later in the night, I promise.
Here are couple suggestions a more reserved Garter Toss:
- Wild Thing – The Troggs.
- Another One Bites the Dust – Queen.
- Bad to the Bone – George Thorogood and the Destroyers.
- Eye of the Tiger – Survivor
- I Like It, I Love It – Tim McGraw
- U Can’t Touch This – M.C. Hammer
- Feeling Good – Michael Bublé
- Pretty Woman – Roy Orbison
- Mission Impossible Theme
If you are looking at getting a little bit wild, check out these songs:
- You Shook Me All Night Long – AC/DC
- Pour Some Sugar On Me – Def Leppard
- Hot for Teacher – Van Halen
- Cherry Pie – Warrant
- Naughty Girl – Beyonce
- Drunk in Love – Beyonce
- Crazy in Love – Beyonce
- Candyshop – 50 Cent
- Right Round – Flo Rida
- Honky Tonk Badonkadonk – Trace Adkins
All of these songs can be used for an epic Garter Toss. Take a listen and see which song portrays your relationship the best! The last thing to remember is to have fun! This is a fun tradition that
Now for the Bouquet toss. Every wedding does one of these two songs, Single Ladies or Girls just want to have fun. These are fantastic songs fro a bouquet toss but here are some other options to consider. Here are a couple of examples:
- Dear Future Husband – Meghan Trainor
- Glamorous – Fergie
- Hollaback Girl – Gwen Stefani
- Lady Marmalade – Lil’ Kim, Mya, Christina Aguilera, and Pink
- Only Girl in the World – Rihanna
- Milkshake – Kelis
- Independent Women – Destiny’s Child
- This One’s for the Girls – Martina McBride
These are all fantastic options for Bouquet Toss! Find what songs speak to you and have the time of your life!
Complete Weddings + Events Indianapolis
We’d love to chat with you about your Photography, Videography, DJ, Event Uplighting, Day of Coordination, and/or Photo Booth needs! Contact us today to learn more about our Indianapolis wedding services. Otherwise, visit our blog to get more great ideas about your wedding.