Brides in 2020 are wedding planning so much and one of the hardest decisions can be music. Wedding Planning for the biggest day of your life can be a bit overwhelming. Whether you trust the expertise of the DJ or have already compiled a detailed playlist of songs we can help! I hope we can shed some light on the sometimes seemingly daunting task of figuring out. What wedding reception music do I want on my big day?
2020 Central Illinois Wedding Planning Tips for Great Music!
The biggest advice when deciding music is to break it down into a timeline. It’s so much easier to tackle when you think about what is happening chronologically. Take a deep breath, relax, and enjoy. Start with the ceremony, imagine all of your guests arriving before the wedding walking in and mingling with family they more than likely haven’t had the chance to see in a while. What would they like to hear that would really set the atmosphere?
I like to suggest to brides Vitamin String Quartet because they have beautifully done orchestral instrumentals of today’s pop songs. They are fun, catchy, classy, and really set the mood for the ceremony. Maybe that’s not your style maybe you’d like some soft country playing in the background. Traditional orchestral music is always a classic hit, however, today brides are looking for a blend. We are DJ’s can custom make your music to make your dreams come true.
Once the ceremony is over and cocktail hour begins a fun mix of big band music is always a hit. Frank Sinatra and Michael Buble’ are always good go-to tunes for light easy listening music to catch up on old times with a loved one. Cocktail playlists can be similar to Dinner music as well. The fun begins with the start of the reception. The best way to ensure a packed dance floor and get everyone out there is easy. Communicate with your DJ what genre of music everyone in the bridal party likes to dance to. What are some classic favs that get everyone on there feet singing along?
We believe a good DJ should be so much more than a playlist. They will be out there with your guests, reading the room taking song requests, and really keeping the energy up all night. We hold our DJ’s to the highest standards to ensure a seamless stream of upbeat and slow songs to optimize the fun to be had by everyone in attendance.
Some great wedding reception tunes that hit for 2020
- Kygo, Whitney Houston – Higher Love
- Dua Lipa – Don’t Start Now
- Savage – Meghan Thee Stallion
- Dance Monkey – Tones and I
- Seniorita – Shawn Mendez and Camila Cabella
- Perfect – Ed Sheeran
- Sucker – Jonas Brothers
- 7 rings – Arianna Grande
- I wanna dance with somebody – Whitney Houston
- Single Ladies – Beyonce
- Pony – Ginuwine
- Uptown Funk – Mark Ronson, featuring Bruno Mars
- Remix to ignition – R kelly
- Billie Jean – Michael Jackson
- Blurred Lines – Robin Thicke
- Jump Around – House of pain
- Shoop – Salt-N-Peppa
- Rain on me – Lady Gaga
- Shout – Otis Day & The Knights
- Return of the Mack – Mark Morrison
- Baby got Back – Sir Mix-A-Lot
- Blinding lights – Weeknd
- Cake by the Ocean – DNCE
- Fireball – Pitbull
- Tik Tok – Kesha
- Sexy and I know it – LMFAO
- Gangnam Style – PSY
- Truth Hurts – Lizzo
- Don’t Stop Believin – Journey
- Regulate – Warren G
- Say So – Doja Cat
- The box – Roddy Ricch
- Watermelon Sugar – Harry Styles
- Intentions – Justin Bieber
- Savage Love – Jason Derulo
- Talk Dirty – (feat. 2 Chainz)
- Low – Flo-Rida
- Get Low – Lil John
- I like it – Cardi B
- Memories – Maroon 5
- What Lovers Do, Maroon 5 (feat, SZA)
- All the Stars – Kendrick Lamar (with SZA)
- Be Kind – Marshmello (with Halsey)
- Tootsie Slide – Drake
- Level of Concern – Twenty One Pilots
- Life is Good – Future (feat, Drake)
- Know Your Worth – Khalid x Disclosure
Complete Weddings + Events in Central, Illinois
Planning your dream wedding or event should be simple and fun, and we firmly believe that having all our services under one roof makes planning easier for you. So relax. We’ve got this. Our job is to make this easy for you, your job is to enjoy the party! Complete Weddings + Events Central Illinois, Springfield, Peoria and Champaign’s leading provider of event and wedding photography, videography, lighting, DJ services & photo booth rental.