Everything is going up in pricing and to think life would go back to normal after the pandemic. However, here we are trying to make it by and also plan a wedding all at once. We have some ideas that can help you save money and plan an affordable wedding all while still enjoying the small things in life.
Save Money On Invitations
Invitations are cool to have, but they will end up in the trash at some point. Save your money and the planet by using these tips to get those RSVPs out to friends and family.
- Use the Facebook event planner to invite guests to your wedding. It may not be traditional, but you can add the location of the venue, their cell phone number, wedding registry link, and engagement photos. It is a great tool to use to help smooth out any information that may need to be passed around the group without having you and your partner react out to 25+ individuals.
- Use the phone to gather RSVPs. Are you not a fan of Facebook or have friends or families that are not on Facebook? No worries, set aside times to call or text your loved ones the RSVPs and put those yes and no’s in a google spreadsheet (it’s free).
- Have a smaller wedding and only invite those that are dearest to you.
Save Money On Entertainment
Bands can be expensive and limited on what they can play due to copyright laws. However, getting an Austin wedding DJ for your special day would be cheaper because:
- Usually, only one person DJing your event
- They have their own equipment
- They have the correct license to play your favorite music and much more
Save Money On Food
You, your partner, and the bridal party can get together and create the feast for the wedding. Think about it as it’s Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner or whatever holidays you and your family and friends celebrate.
Doing buffet style usually costs cheaper than plate dinner because less staff is needed. Also, you don’t have to worry about there being enough food for everyone.
Save Money On Flowers
Local and in-season flowers will be cheaper than the flowers that have to be shipped to a flower shop you choose for your wedding. Austin Flowers has some great options! Here are some local flowers:
- Prickly Pair
- Arnosky’s Texas Specialty Cut Flowers
- Winkelmann Flowers
Here are a few in-season flowers for the 2022 Austin spring:
- Texas yellowstar
- Gaint spiderwort
- Indian paintbrush
- Blue curls
If affording real flowers is too much, you can always buy artificial flowers. For one, they will live a lifetime. Secondly, if you or any of your family members are allergic to flowers, artificial flowers are a great call. It gives your special day that colorful and beautiful vibe without potentially hurting your wallet or a loved ones allergies.
Save Money On The Venue
Let’s be real, venues are expensive for all the right reasons. The space, the location, the staff, and someone in charge of the staff to ensure your wedding goes smoothly, cleaning up crew, and setting up the decorations. If the venue alone is out of your budget, here are some options to make your wedding happen:
- Have it in your backyard. If you don’t have a backyard, you can ask a family member or friend if it would be okay to have your wedding in their backyard. A lot of Austin wedding DJs, photographers, videographers, and caters will come out to private locations to help you celebrate this big moment.
- Don’t get married on a Saturday. It sounds crazy because all your friends and family work during the week, but your wedding is a good enough reason for them to skip work one day to be there for you and your partner.
- Still want to get married on a Saturday to make it easier on you, your friends, and your family? No worries, look into country clubhouses, public event places, and museums for cheaper locations.
We hope these ideas on saving money for your wedding will help. Weddings can easily go over your goal budget for the big day. However, there are many many ways on saving money and still enjoy your wedding with your partner and loved ones.
Complete Weddings + Events Austin, Texas
Planning a wedding is an exciting time in your life, but when it starts to become overwhelming, know there are experts who are happy to help! Contact Complete Weddings + Event for advice or to set up a consultation for your Austin event!