Wedding showers are a moment to breathe in between planning your wedding and your engagement. This is a great way for your guests to meet each other for the first time before your big day. The big question is, how do you keep your wedding shower guests entertained? Whether you’re planning on having the party for just the bride, or the wedding couple, we have all the answers right here with four of our favorite wedding shower games!
The Shoe Game
The Shoe Game is an oldie but a goodie! It has been played at many wedding-related parties including the actual wedding. The great thing about the Shoe Game is that it only requires 3 participants: the soon-to-be wedded and the host, and of course an audience.
How to play:
- Have the couple sit back to back in front of the guests.
- The bride and groom will take off their shoes and switch one of their shoes. Leaving each with one of their own shoes, and their partner’s shoes.
- The host will then ask the couple questions “who is most likely to…”. The couple will lift up the shoe belonging to the one that they think is the most likely to…
It has been such a popular game over the years that our Milwaukee wedding DJs even host it at weddings! They’ll help keep it fun and interactive by leading the game.
Last but not least, here is another twist on a classic game. Wedding Pictionary is exactly as it sounds. Pictionary, but with wedding-related topic ideas. This one will be an easy one for guests to understand because they have most likely played it at some point in their lives.
How to play:
- The host will write wedding-related drawing ideas on pieces of paper before guests arrive.
- Guests will split into teams of two.
- The teams will pick the papers from a hat that describe what they are to draw.
- Their team gets 1 minute to figure out what is being drawn. If the timer runs out, the other team gets a chance to steal the point by guessing the picture with one try.
- The winning team is the one with the most points at the end of it all!
Pass The Vows
Last but not least, a wonderful game of Pass the Vows. Are you still in need of writing your vows? Look no further than your guests to help you! Or at the very least, they can give you a laugh with their wild ideas.
How to play:
- With one piece of paper and a writing utensil, have the guests pass them around with each turn.
- Guest one starts the vows with one line. They pass it on to the next player.
- Guest 2 then adds to what the last player added. Keep this going until the last player is reached.
- Once the vows are complete, the bride must perform the vows in their most dramatic voice! (a little alcohol buzz definitely helps with this one).
Remember to keep this one fun, and as whacky as you’d like!
As your guests arrive, give them a list of 10 moments that are most likely to happen. Throughout the night, guests will capture the moments on their phones with pictures (or videos!). This will be a fun way to capture different moments from the night from different points of view. The first guest to send all pictures to you wins!
All in all, these wedding shower games are a great way to keep your guests entertained. Whether they are roasting you, watching you make fun of each other, or just talking amongst themselves. These wedding shower games will be a sure way to get conversations going. One final message, good luck with your marriage and let the games begin!