Who can officiate your Kansas Wedding?
According to K.S.A. 23-2504.
(a) Marriage may be validly solemnized and contracted in this state, after a license has been issued for the marriage, in the following manner: By the mutual declarations of the two parties to be joined in marriage, made before an authorized officiating person and in the presence of at least two competent witnesses over 18 years of age, other than the officiating person, that they take each other as husband and wife.
(b) The following are authorized to be officiating persons:
(1) Any currently ordained clergyman or religious authority of any religious denomination or society;
(2) any licentiate of a denominational body or an appointee of any bishop serving as the regular clergyman of any church of the denomination to which the licentiate or appointee belongs, if not restrained from so doing by the discipline of that church or denomination;
(3) any judge or justice of a court of record;
(4) any municipal judge of a city of this state; and
(5) any retired judge or justice of a court of record.
(c) The two parties themselves, by mutual declarations that they take each other as husband and wife, in accordance with the customs, rules and regulations of any religious society, denomination or sect to which either of the parties belong, may be married without an authorized officiating person.
Get to Know Minister Trina Tyler & A Heartfelt Ceremony
“As a wedding planner, I have worked with all types of officiants and even the friend who got ordained on the internet the night before. Working with a professional will help you make educated decisions and potentially prevent any mishaps. I have worked closely with Trina over the years and love the down-to-earth vibe she brings. She is truly about making her couples feel comfortable and help them have the best day. Trina can perform all types of ceremonies and provide as much religion or laughter that you want.” -Tara Grubb, Lead Coordinator for Complete.
The Marriage License
How to Change Your Name
Steps to complete this process:
To listen to our full interview with Trina Tyler check out Episode 51 of The Complete Wedding Planning Podcast!
Complete Weddings + Events in Manhattan
Planning a wedding is an exciting time in your life, but when it starts to become overwhelming, know there are experts who are happy to help! Contact Complete Weddings + Events for advice or to set up a consultation for your Manhattan event!