CONGRATULATIONS!!! You just got engaged! Now what?
So many newly engaged couples ask us how to start planning a wedding. Wedding Planning can seem so intimidating, but our simple and clear steps will help you get there!
How to Start Planning a Wedding?
1. Set Your Budget
- Find out who is contributing.
- Figure how much you & your fiance can comfortably & realistically afford.
- Come up with a rough guest count.
- Decide what items are non-negotiable.
- Do your research and do the math. Then, adjust accordingly.
2. Start a Pinterest Board for Inspiration
- Wedding style – rustic, modern, traditional
- Wedding dress
3. Guest List
4. Reserve Date & Venue
6. Create Registry
- There are plenty of sites that help create wedding registries, whether it’s a honeymoon fund, cash, or physical gifts.
7. Wedding Website (and hashtag)
- Wedding websites offer an easy way to keep the wedding planning organized.
- Many websites offer a hashtag generator or come up with one on your own.
8. Research & Book Vendors
- Wedding Planner (optional)
- Hair & Makeup
9. Purchase Attire
- Wedding Dress
- Bridesmaid Dresses
- Flower Girl Dress
- Groom Tux
- Groomsmen Tuxes
- Ring Bearer Outfit
- Family Attire
10. Reserve Block Hotel Rooms
11. Invitations & Save-The-Dates
- Order or create your own invitations.
- Send out Save-The-Dates several months prior to the wedding day.
12. Create a Timeline
- Creating a timeline of events helps all of those important for making the BIG day happen to keep organized. Hand the timeline out to vendors, bridal party, and anyone that is responsible for helping with day-of events.
- Schedule the rehearsal & location.
- Reserve a place to host the rehearsal dinner or ask a family member to host (to cut costs).
14. Wedding Favors
14. Confirm ALL Vendors & Times
15. Marriage License
16. Bridal Party Gifts
17. Write Vows
- Write your own or go with what the officiant recommends.
18. Final Payments for Vendors
- To make the day-of go smoother, have final payments in envelopes with tips for the vendors. A thank you card also goes a long way.
19. Party!! Bachelor & Bachelorette Parties
20. GET MARRIED!!!!!!!
Hopefully, this answers the extremely common question, “How Do I Start Planning a Wedding?” Now that you’ve been armed with the information, get out there and do your research, make some calls and be extra choosy. This is YOUR BIG DAY! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Complete Weddings + Events in Kansas City
Finding the right DJ can sometimes require a lot of time and research. At Complete Weddings + Events in Kansas City, we want to help make this easier for you. When you meet with our event consultant, we will go over all the things that are important to you and match you to the very best DJ for your event. The DJs we hire have all the qualities of great DJs, and they know exactly how to make your event everything you want.
There is nothing more important to us than helping to create amazing events. Contact us to learn about some of Kansas City’s best DJs. We can’t wait to connect you with the people who will help you through your “I do’s!”