There are so many details that you are trying to remember when it comes to planning your wedding. From the color of your napkins to flowers to song choices and much more. One of the most important items to make sure you don’t over look is obtaining your marriage license.
For weddings in Fort Myers you will obtain your marriage license from the Lee County Clerk of Court. You can visit their website at Marriage Licenses | Lee County Clerk of Court, FL (leeclerk.org)
Below are the steps to obtain your marriage license according to the Lee County Clerk of Court website:
Instructions to apply:
- Must complete the Marriage License Online Application and write down the transaction number.
- Both parties must read the Family Law Handbook.
- Print and fill out (DO NOT sign) the Statement of Compliance Form.
- Print and fill in (DO NOT sign) the Affirmation of Common Children Born in Florida Form, ONLY IF applicants have a minor child together that was born in the state of Florida.
- Schedule an Appointment.
NOTE: The Marriage License Online Application is valid for 30 days.
For The Couple:
- Only the couple getting married is allowed in the office.
- Appear in person in our office at the appointed time for the issuance of the marriage license.
- Bring photo identification showing your name and date of birth, such as a U.S. Driver’s License, U.S. State Identification Card, Military ID, Passport, Matricular ID Card, Foreign Passport, or U.S. Permanent Resident Card. Birth Certificates are not acceptable forms of ID.
- Bring Social Security number (U.S. Citizens).
NOTE: A marriage license may be obtained from any county in the State of Florida (regardless of where you live), and can only be used to be married within the State of Florida. A marriage license is only valid for 60 days from issuance.
Waiting Period & Discounted License
There is a 3-day waiting period before Florida residents can use the marriage license to get married. However, the waiting period can be waived if both applicants have completed a counseling course with an approved Pre-Marital Course Provider. There is no waiting period for non-Florida residents, but if the couple has one Florida resident, the waiting period applies.
Copies and Certified Copies of Marriage Licenses
For more information, you can call the Lee County Clerk’s office at 239-533-5007.
About Complete Weddings + Events Fort Myers
Are you looking to tie the knot or throw an epic event? Well if so, you have come to the right place. Complete Weddings and Events will help you find the right event or wedding DJ, wedding photographer, and videographer. Everyone needed to throw a phenomenal party. Plus we have fun photo booths. And lighting rentals to elevate your event and give you the type of unforgettable experience you’re looking for. In addition to Naples, Cape Coral, & Fort Myers, we also serve Punta Gorda, Port Charlotte, Lehigh Acres, Bonita Springs, Estero, Fort Myers Beach, Sanibel Island, Captiva Island, & Marco Island.
When you party with Complete Weddings + Events Fort Myers, it’s completely about you! Naples, Cape Coral, Fort Myers leading provider of event and wedding photography, videography, lighting, DJ services & photo booth rental.