Bridal showers are a moment to breathe in between planning your wedding and your engagement. This is a great way for your guests to meet each other for the first time before your big day. The big question is, how do you keep your guests entertained? Whether you’re planning on having the party for just the bride, or the wedding couple, we have all the answers right here with four of our favorite bridal shower games!
The Shoe Game
The shoe game is an oldie but a goodie! It has been played at many wedding-related parties including the actual wedding. The great thing about the shoe game is that it only requires 3 participants: the soon-to-be wedded and the host, and of course an audience.
Here’s how to play:
- Have the couple sit back to back in front of the guests.
- The bride and groom will take off their shoes and switch one between the two of them. Leaving each with on their own shoes, and their partner’s shoe.
- The host will then ask the couple questions of “who is most likely to…”. The couple will lift up the shoe belonging to the one that they think is the most likely to…
It has been such a popular game over the years that our DJs even host it at weddings! They’ll help keep it fun and interactive by leading the game.
The Couples Roast
A fun twist on charades, The couples roast is a great game for couples that can take being in the hot seat. Caution, this one is not for the easily offended. The couple will get to find out what their guests really think of them in a light-hearted way!
Here’s how to play:
- The hosts will write different scenarios that the bride and groom may end up in on pieces of paper and put them in a hat.
- The guests will partner up in pairs of two.
- Each pair will draw from the hat and act out the scenario. The twist comes with the guests acting as if they were the soon-to-be wedded couple.
For example, a guest draws “Finding a spot to eat for dinner”. That guest and their partner then act out the scene as the couple. All while trying to get their mannerisms correctly. No one knows the couple better than themselves, so they’ll be the judge of who gets to win!
Find the Guest
“Find the guest” is a great way to get your guests to know each other. By playing this game, they’ll have to interact with each other to be able to figure out who the specific fact belongs to!
Here’s how to play:
- Write out some fun facts you know about each of your guests on separate pieces of paper.
- Have each of your guests draw a piece of paper as they arrive.
- By the end of the night, your guests will have to try to figure out who the random fact belongs to based on their conversations.
Pass The Vows
Last but not least, a wonderful game of “pass the vows”. Are you still in need of writing your vows? Look no further than your guests to help you! Or at the very least, they can give you a laugh with their wild ideas.
How to Play
- With one piece of paper and a writing utensil, have the guests pass them around with each turn.
- Guest one starts the vows with one line. They pass it on to the next player.
- Guest 2 then adds onto what the last player added. Keep this going until the last player is reached.
- Once the vows are complete, the bride must perform the vows in their most dramatic voice! (a little alcohol buzz definitely helps with this one).
Remember to keep this one fun, and as whacky as you’d like!
All in all, these bridal shower games are a great way to keep your guests entertained. Whether they are roasting you, watching you make fun of each other, or just talking amongst themselves. These bridal shower games will be a sure way to get conversations going. One final message, good luck with your marriage and let the games begin!
Complete Weddings + Events in Fort Myers
Reach out to Florida wedding professionals to help you or connect you to more wedding resources to make sure you’re getting help where it’s needed. Complete Weddings + Events in Fort Myers is a text or phone call away (239.949.5300) for advice or to set up a consultation to chat through your event! Contact Complete today!