Hiring a band vs hiring a DJ is a question most couples ask during their wedding planning process. There are several different reasons why you would choose both! Hiring a DJ allows you to throw a huge dance party with countless songs to choose from. On the other hand, hiring a band may have restrictions on genres and songs. Let’s take a deeper dive into hiring a band vs. DJ.
Hiring a Band:
- The experience. Hiring a band creates an amazing live music experience for you and your guests!
- The entertainment aspect. Hiring a band means that you are also getting a show. Of course, we want people to be out on the dance floor, however, with a band guests can sit and enjoy the music as well.
- The band is fun for all ages. All ages can enjoy a band. Depending on the band you hire and the genre of music you choose, all ages can enjoy live music.
- Special Touch. Songs are a huge part of a wedding. When a live musician performs for the first dance, there is an added element to that special moment.
Pros of hiring a DJ:
- You get a wide selection of music. Hiring a DJ means you have several different genres and songs to choose from.
- Your guests can make requests. Since there is a wide selection of music, guests can make requests for any song without any trouble.
- The ability for interactive dances. The cha-cha slide, Cupid Shuffle, and YMCA are all available song options when hiring a DJ.
- The Set-Up. Typically the DJ can set up and sound check in a timely manner. Allowing for quick access to music.
- You are also getting an MC. Hiring a DJ allows the freedom to relax and enjoy the evening while the DJ makes all the announcements.
- Cost-Effective: Bands tend to cost a lot more than a DJ.
There are so many cool ways to incorporate a Dj or a band for your wedding. There are a couple of things to keep in mind when deciding to go with a Band or a DJ.
- Understand the space that you have for either Band or a DJ.
- Keep in mind the music selection you are wanting for your wedding.
- Do you want entertainment AND music?
- What is the most important aspect of your reception music?
All of these ideas are helpful tools to use when picking out DJ or Band.