Bridal showers are a moment to breathe in between planning your wedding and your engagement. This is a great way for your guests to meet each other for the first time before your big day. The big question is, how do you keep your guests entertained? Whether you’re planning on having the party for just the bride, or the wedding couple, we have all the answers right here with three of our favorite bridal shower games!
The Shoe Game is an oldie but a goodie! It has been played at many wedding-related parties including the actual wedding. The great thing about the Shoe Game is that it only requires 3 participants: the soon-to-be wedded and the host, and of course an audience.
Here’s how to play:
- Have the couple sit back to back in front of the guests.
- The bride and groom will take off their shoes and switch one between the two of them. Leaving each with on their own shoes, and their partner’s shoe.
- The host will then ask the couple questions of “who is most likely to…”. The couple will lift up the shoe belonging to the one that they think is the most likely to…
It has been such a popular game over the years that our DJs even host it at weddings! They’ll help keep it fun and interactive by leading the game.
The Couples Roast
A fun twist on charades, The Couples Roast is a great game for couples that can take being in the hot seat. Caution, this one is not for the easily offended. The couple will get to find out what their guests really think of them in a light-hearted way!
Here’s how to play:
- The hosts will write different scenarios that the bride and groom may end up in on pieces of paper and put them in a hat.
- The guests will partner up in pairs of two.
- Each pair will draw from the hat and act out the scenario. The twist comes with the guests acting as if they were the soon-to-be wedded couple.
For example, a guest draws “Finding a spot to eat for dinner”. That guest and their partner then act out the scene as the couple. All while trying to get their mannerisms correctly. No one knows the couple better than themselves, so they’ll be the judge of who gets to win!
As your guests arrive, give them a list of 10 moments that are most likely to happen. Throughout the night, guests will capture the moments on their phones with pictures (or videos!). This will be a fun way to capture different moments from the night from different points of view. The first guest to send all pictures to you wins!
All in all, these bridal shower games are a great way to keep your guests entertained. Whether they are roasting you, watching you make fun of each other, or just talking amongst themselves. These bridal shower games will be a sure way to get conversations going. One final message, good luck with your marriage and let the games begin!
Complete Weddings + Events in Colorado Springs
Don’t be afraid to reach out to Colorado wedding professionals to help you or connect you to more wedding resources to make sure you’re getting help where it’s needed. Complete Weddings + Events in Colorado Springs is a text or phone call away (719.419.6200) for advice or to set up a consultation to chat through your event! Contact Complete today!