Are you debating whether to hire a DJ or a Band for your wedding? Lots of couples have this question in their head when planning out their big day. There are many reasons we are going to discuss why you would hire one or the other. Hiring a DJ allows you to throw a huge dance party with countless songs to choose from. On the other hand, hiring a band may have restrictions on genres and songs that they are able to perform. Let’s take a deeper dive into hiring a band vs. DJ.
Why Hire a Band:
- The experience. Hiring a band creates an amazing live music experience for you and your guests!
- The entertainment aspect. Hiring a band means that you are also getting a show. Of course, we want people to be out on the dance floor, however, a band allows guests to sit and enjoy the music as well.
- The band is fun for all ages. All ages can enjoy a band. Depending on the band you hire and the genre of music you choose, all ages can enjoy live music.
- Special Touch. Songs are a huge part of a wedding. When a live musician performs for the first dance, there is an added element to that special moment.
Why Hire a DJ:
- You get a wide selection of music. Hiring a DJ means you have several different genres and songs to choose from.
- Your guests can make requests. Since there is a wide selection of music, guests can make requests for any song without any trouble.
- The ability for interactive dances. The cha-cha slide, Cupid Shuffle, and YMCA are all available song options when hiring a DJ.
- The Set-Up. Typically the DJ can set up and sound check in a timely manner. Allowing for quick access to music.
- You are also getting an MC. Hiring a DJ allows the freedom to relax and enjoy the evening while the DJ makes all the announcements.
- Cost-Effective: Bands tend to cost a lot more than a DJ because of the many members, lots of equipment etc.
There are a lot of factors to consider of course, and many vibes that you might achieve when picking one or the other. There are a couple of things to keep in mind when deciding to go with a Band or a DJ.
- Understand the space that you have for either Band or a DJ.
- Keep in mind the music selection you are wanting for your wedding.
- Do you want entertainment and music?
- What is the most important aspect of your reception music?
Hope these tips helped you choose and we would love to be your DJ if you go that route!
Complete Weddings + Events St. Louis
Complete in St. Louis is the leading provider of DJ, photography, videography, photo booth, and coordination! We would love to be a part of your big day and are happy to put a wedding package together for you in order to make your dream wedding a reality. Reach out to us today by clicking here to learn more about our services!