The thought of engagement rings certainly gets you to think of diamonds. However, do you know there is something remarkably similar to this precious stone and equally special to fit such a momentous occasion? Well, there is, and its a moissanite engagement ring!
If you have never heard of a moissanite engagement ring, we’re here to shed some light on this precious and rare mineral about which the world has gone crazy. From Oval Moissanite engagement rings, to the different types of bands, you are sure to find something you will like.
Diamonds vs. Moissanite
While the moissanite engagement ring is quite similar to diamonds, a few differences make this piece of jewelry completely different and unique.
Diamonds are chosen not only as engagement rings for their sparkly features but also for their extreme durability and ability to be worn daily. Although they can endure different kinds of wear and tear, it is worth knowing that they can still be damaged. However, they are not the only precious stones in this category of hard minerals.
A moissanite ring is also significantly durable, i.e., it is just behind the diamond. So, if you opt for this style, you’re choosing something very reliable for everyday use.
The biggest difference between moissanite and diamonds is the price, considering that the former is much cheaper than the latter. However, the price of the moissanite ring rises when there is a larger carat weight in question. Nonetheless, this gem can be a perfect alternative if you want something to match your budget but still be brilliant and sparkly.
Variations of Color Tones
Moissanite and diamonds are quite similar at first sight, and this is due to their colorless appearance. However, depending on the manufacturer, moissanite can sometimes have a greenish or yellowish tint. On the other hand, the color of diamonds can vary significantly, going from clear to pink, blue, yellow, red, green, or brown.
Has this helped you acknowledge the difference between a diamond and a moissanite engagement ring? We hope you will use this comparison to make an informed decision when getting the ring you desire!
Where to Buy a Moissanite Engagement Ring in Milwaukee
Check out these local jewelers if you’re looking to purchase your own moissanite engagement ring for when you pop the question!
Questions to Ask a Jeweler about Moissanite Engagement Rings in Milwaukee
- What makes moissanite engagement rings a popular choice among people these days?
- Can you help me understand the brilliance and fire of a moissanite stone compared to a traditional diamond?
- Do you offer custom jewelry services for creating unique moissanite engagement rings?
- I’m interested in a white gold setting for my moissanite ring. Is that something you can assist with?
- Is your store based in Wisconsin or do you have multiple locations?
- How does the sparkle of a moissanite stone compare to other stones?
- Can I browse your selection of moissanite engagement rings on your website?
- If I prefer silver to white gold, is that an option for the ring’s band?
- Do you have a physical store where I can view the rings, or is your shop primarily online?
- I’m looking for a classic design for my moissanite ring. What styles would you recommend?
- Can you explain the difference between Charles & Colvard moissanite and other brands?
- How does the future care and maintenance of a moissanite stone look like?
- Can you help me find a ring that fits my taste and commitment to sustainable and ethical jewelry?
- I love the idea of a ring that represents our love and understanding. Do you have any designs that symbolize this?
- What is your selection of moissanite engagement rings like? Are you offering a variety of cuts and sizes?
- Can you assist me in finding the perfect moissanite engagement ring within my budget and time frame?
- How many times can I expect to bring my ring in for service over its lifetime?
- What are the busiest times in your store and when would be the best time to visit?
- Can you tell me more about the process of creating a custom moissanite engagement ring?
- Is there a difference in the brilliance and sparkle of a moissanite stone depending on its size or cut?