When it comes to wedding planning, there are usually two kinds of planners in a relationship. The one that plans everything, and the one that waits to get told what to do. Each comes with its own pros and cons, but we have some tips on how to get the non-planner in the relationship to help out with wedding duties.
The Big Picture
Before you even begin planning, spend some time together envisioning your wedding day! What style of wedding do you want? How big do you want the party? What’s the vibe of your wedding you want to achieve?
These are all essential parts of wedding planning. Then brainstorm some local wedding vendors you’ll need for your wedding day. You’re currently on a website that offers a good chunk of them. Once you’ve figured that out, go on to the next step.
Assign Some Wedding Duties
Based on your vision, now assign each other some wedding duties. These can intertwine with your natural interests. If your partner is really into music, give the role of finding a DJ in Melbourne, FL. If they have a creative eye, give them the role of finding the decor. And if they are indifferent, this can honestly work out! Give them the things that you’re not too excited about. This can be done three months at a time and make sure to check back in with each other to make sure the vision for your wedding day is still on the same path.
Wedding Duties For Non-Planners
- Choosing Caterer or Meal (taste testing included!)
- Find a Cake Provider (or, if applicable, the groom’s cake)
- Reserving the Rehearsal Dinner Location
- Choosing and Buying or Renting their Attire (or their respective groomsmen and/or bridesmaids’ attire)
- Buy Gifts for Your Best Man, Maid-of-Honor, Groomsmen, Bridesmaids, Ring Bearer, and/or Flower Girl
- Hiring a Melbourne DJ or Band
- Choosing the Reception Entrance Song
- Choosing the First Dance Song
- Choosing a few Must-Play Songs for the Dance Floor
- Hiring a Party Bus or Shuttle
- Creating your List of Guests to Invite
- Apply for the Marriage License
- Selecting the Honeymoon Destination
The bottom line is, you’re not in this alone. Your wedding day is for both you and your fiancé. Make sure you each have a say and a voice in planning your big day. You might be surprised what you can both come up with together as a team!
Complete Weddings + Events Melbourne, Florida
For more insights on how to plan for your wedding, reach out to Complete Wedding + Event Melbourne wedding experts. If you’re looking for more creative ways to personalize your wedding day or want a Melbourne wedding photographer/videographer to capture it all, contact Complete Weddings + Events. We offer multiple wedding services including photography, videography, DJ, photo booth rental, lightning, and day-of coordination. You can mix and match to build a dream wedding package filled with all your needs to make your wedding day a success!
Follow us on Instagram @Complete_Spacecoast
Featured Photos: Christine w/Complete Weddings + Events
Featured Wedding Venue: Costa d’Este Beach Resort & Spa