Almost everything for your wedding day is planned to perfection. It’s time to focus on the smaller details such as your wedding favors. Wedding favors are thank you gifts for your guests, a way for them to remember your special day. Keep reading to discover some of the best wedding favors we have seen and how to decide what favors are right for you!
First Things to Consider
- Coordinate with your wedding theme.
- Ex. mason jar goodies for rustic weddings.
- What hobbies do you share as a couple?
- Give a gift that reflects you as a couple.
- Go hand in hand with your wedding location/season.
- Wine/shot glasses and bottle openers/stoppers for winery and brewery venues.
- Hot chocolate packets for winter weddings, smores for summer weddings.
- Correlate with your budget and the number of guests coming to your event.
- The price per person should be $2-$5 (no more than $400 total).
- Buy favors in bulk to save money.
- The larger the wedding, the less it should cost.
- Be practical and reusable.
- Not just used once and thrown away.
You don’t have to give everyone a gift. Handing out favors to out-of-town guests, the wedding party, or parents is perfectly acceptable. Having one favor for every two/three guests is another great way to save money as all guests might not want to take a wedding favor home anyways.
Nothing says that you can’t go all out, but it’s good to consider some options before making a decision.
- Candy: Who doesn’t love something sweet?
- Candles: These favors will be used again and again.
- Novelties: Looking for something a little more fun and unusual? Try novelties!
- Goodie Bags: Whether you have a treat buffet or hand-out bags pre-filled, goodie bags are always a hit.
- Hand fans: A must for comfort for summer weddings, hand fans can double as favors. However, they are often not used after the ceremony
- Bubbles: Make your departure or first dance magical with bubbles! Also lots of fun for kids!
Most Common Wedding Favors We Have Come Across
Here is a list of the most common wedding favors we have come across:
- Edible gifts:
- Hot sauce
- Décor and Home Keepsakes:
- Beer Coolers/Koozies (most popular)
- Shot glasses
- Bottle openers/stoppers
- Photo Booth Strips
- DIY gifts:
- Scratch cards/Lottery tickets
- Personalized Mint/Tic-tac
- Drawstring bags
- Destination gifts:
- Personalized luggage tags
- Photo Magnets
- Potted plants
- Seed packet
Event Experts at Complete Weddings + Events Kansas
Whether you want one service or all six, we specialize in creating custom packages for our couples to meet their needs and budget. Tailoring each of our services to reflect your style and vision and allowing you to be a part of the planning process every step of the way. The best part is you get a team of professionals to help with all the details from our knowledgeable office staff, in-house full-time wedding planner, and experienced event staff, we have you covered and want your planning process to be a stress-free experience.
Check out our service pages to learn more about how we can COMPLETE your event!