Do you feel like you’re forgetting something before the BIG DAY? Wedding Planning is extremely extensive, and that’s an understatement. With that, it’s easy to forget the little things outside of what’s being worn, where the ceremony & reception, and where the honeymoon is! Check out our list of 20 Forgotten Wedding Details.
- Timeline of Events – Give copies to all vendors, coordinator, bridal party, & parents.
- Vendor Contact Information – Give copies to the coordinator, trustworthy family members, & the bridal party.
- Pre-Wedding Meals – With all the hustle and bustle, eating is likely one of the last things on your mind. Arrange a friend or family member to bring food for the entire bridal party. Do NOT skip meals!
- Overnight Bag – Be sure to pack the essentials: toothbrush, hairbrush, fun outfit 😉, PJs, next day outfit, make-up remover, chargers, & medicine.
- Cash & IDs – You never know where the wedding night might take you! Better safe than sorry.
- Emergency Kit – Items such as a stain stick, double sided tape, sewing kit, band-aids, tissues, floss, bobby pins, & perfume can come in handy.
- Point Person – This is someone to answer questions for vendors, friends, & family.
- Gift Plan – Have a plan for who will be transporting the gifts to a safe location.
- Family Heirlooms
- ‘Getting Ready’ Clothes – Pictures are often taken of the bridal party, along with the bride & groom, while they are getting ready. Some prefer to wear coordinated outfits, such as robes, or some prefer to wear whatever is comfortable.
- Extra Shoes – Shoes break. Feet hurt. It happens!
- Extra Wedding Stationary – The photographer may want to take some special photos of the stationary for keepsakes.
- Speeches – Give copies to the coordinator, DJ, a trusted friend. A digital copy would be beneficial also.
- Rain Gear – Just in case. The weather can sometimes be unpredictable!
- Something Old, Something New
- Bridal Party Transportation – Make sure the bridal party has a plan for transportation from where they are getting ready to the ceremony. Then, from the ceremony to the reception.
- Extra Seats at Ceremony – Strangers don’t naturally sit next to others. It is best to plan for about 20 extra seats.
- Order Vendor Meals – Be sure to include bride and groom in the number of guests.
- Tip Envelopes – Tips are often forgotten for vendors. Having the tip envelopes in hand will help, as well as save time the day of the event.
- ‘Block Out’ hotel rooms for Out-of-Town guests. They will appreciate it!
In the end, don’t sweat the small stuff. Our list of 20 easily forgotten wedding details will help out with that!
Complete Weddings + Events in Kansas City
Finding the right DJ can sometimes require a lot of time and research. At Complete Weddings + Events in Kansas City, we want to help make this easier for you. When you meet with our event consultant, we will go over all the things that are important to you and match you to the very best DJ for your event. The DJs we hire have all the qualities of great DJs, and they know exactly how to make your event everything you want.
There is nothing more important to us than helping to create amazing events. Contact us to learn about some of Kansas City’s best DJs. We can’t wait to connect you with the people who will help you through your “I do’s!”
Complete Weddings + Events | Manhattan, KS
If you’re looking to tie the knot or throw an epic event, you have come to the right place. Complete Weddings + Events, Kansas’ leading provider of event and wedding photography, videography, day-of coordination, lighting, DJ services, & photo booth rental.