Wedding showers are a moment to breathe in between planning your wedding and your engagement. This is a great way for your guests to meet each other for the first time before your big day. The big question is, how do you keep your guests entertained? Whether you’re planning on having the party for just the bride, or the wedding couple, we have all the answers right here with five of our favorite wedding shower games!
5 Wedding Shower Games
The Shoe Game
The Shoe Game is an oldie but a goodie! It has been played at many wedding-related parties including the actual wedding. The great thing about the Shoe Game is that it only requires 3 participants: the soon-to-be wedded and the host, and of course an audience.
How to play the Shoe Game:
- Have the couple sit back to back in front of the guests.
- The bride and groom will take off their shoes and switch one between the two of them. Leaving each with on their own shoes, and their partner’s shoe.
- The host will then ask the couple questions of “who is most likely to…”. The couple will lift up the shoe belonging to the one that they think is the most likely to…
It has been such a popular game over the years that our Indianapolis DJs even host it at weddings! They’ll help keep it fun and interactive by leading the game.
The Couples Roast
A fun twist on charades, The Couples Roast is a great game for couples that can take being in the hot seat. Caution, this one is not for the easily offended. The couple will get to find out what their guests really think of them in a light-hearted way!
How to play the Couples Roast:
- The hosts will write different scenarios that the bride and groom may end up in on pieces of paper and put them in a hat.
- The guests will partner up in pairs of two.
- Each pair will draw from the hat and act out the scenario. The twist comes with the guests acting as if they were the soon-to-be wedded couple.
For example, a guest draws “Finding a spot to eat for dinner”. That guest and their partner then act out the scene as the couple. All while trying to get their mannerisms correct. No one knows the couple better than themselves, so they’ll be the judge of who gets to win
Find the Guest
Find the Guest is a great way to get your guests to know each other. By playing this game, they’ll have to interact with each other to be able to figure out who the specific fact belongs to!
How to play Find the Guest:
- Write out some fun facts you know about each of your guests on separate pieces of paper.
- Have each of your guests draw a piece of paper as they arrive.
- By the end of the night, your guests will have to try to figure out who the random fact belongs to based on their conversations.
Last but not least, here is another twist on a classic game. Wedding Pictionary is exactly as it sounds. Pictionary, but with wedding-related topic ideas. This one will be an easy one for guests to understand because they have most likely played it at some point in their lives.
How to play Wedding Pictionary:
- The host will write wedding-related drawing ideas on pieces of paper before guests arrive.
- Guests will split into teams of two.
- The teams will pick the papers from a hat that describes what they are to draw.
- Their team gets 1 minute to figure out what is being drawn. If the timer runs out, the other team gets a chance to steal the point by guessing the picture with one try.
- The winning team is the one with the most points at the end of it all
Tie the Knot
Remember when you were a kid and used to challenge your friends to see who could tie knots out of cherries inside their mouth? You can finally use all those years of practice to use!
How to play Tie the Knot:
- Put separate bowls of cherries in front of your chosen players.
- Each player will take a cherry and tie the stem into a knot. Here’s the twist. They can only do it inside their mouth, using their tongue.
- The player with the most cherries tied in the end wins!
Remember to Laugh, and Have Fun!
All in all, these wedding shower games are a great way to keep your guests entertained. Whether they are roasting you, watching you make fun of each other, or just talking amongst themselves. These games will be a sure way to get conversations going. One final message, good luck with your marriage and let the wedding shower games begin!
Complete Weddings + Events Indianapolis, Indiana
Contact us today to learn more about our Indianapolis wedding services. Otherwise, visit our blog to get more great ideas about your wedding.