Working with DJs can be a lot of fun. Creating a playlist can be one of the most exciting things for a couple to plan! However, allowing the DJ some room to be creative with the song choices can be very beneficial as well. DJs perform for weddings on a weekly basis and know what songs will get your guest up and moving to that dance floor. DJs have an amazing opportunity to bring families and friends of all ages together. With that being said, here is a list of the most popular wedding songs and music through the decades to play at wedding receptions.
- “My Girl” by The Temptations
- “Sweet Caroline” by Neil Diamond
- “The Way You Look Tonight” by Frank Sinatra
- “Brown Eyed Girl” by Van Morrison
- “Can’t Help Falling In Love” by Elvis Presley
- “Wonderful Tonight” by Eric Clapton
- “YMCA” by Village People
- “Sweet Home Alabama” by Lynyrd Skynyrd
- “We are family” by Sister Sledge
- “Old-time Rock n Roll” by Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band
- “Don’t stop believin'” by Journey
- “You Shook Me All Night Long” by ACDC
- “Love Shack” by B-52’s
- “Livin’ on a Prayer” by Bon Jovi
- “Pour some sugar on me” by Def Leppard
- “Cupid Shuffle” by Cupid
- “Cha-Cha Slide” by Mr. C The Slide Man
- “I gotta Feeling” By Black Eyed Peas
- “Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It)” by Beyonce
- “Wobble” by V.I.C.
- “Uptown Funk” by Bruno Mars
- “Shut Up and Dance” by Walk the Moon
- “Can’t Stop the Feeling” by Justin Timberlake
- “Tennessee Whiskey” by Chris Stapleton
These are the most popular songs throughout the decades. Music is one of the best ways to connect with all ages. The best DJs in Dallas know how to bring people together through music and celebration whether it’s a corporate party, wedding, or family gathering.
Complete Weddings + Events Indianapolis
We’d love to chat with you about your Photography, Videography, DJ, Event Uplighting, Day of Coordination, and/or Photo Booth needs! Contact us today to learn more about our Indianapolis wedding services. Otherwise, visit our blog to get more great ideas about your wedding.