When it comes to wedding planning in Fargo, there are usually two kinds of planners in a relationship. The one that plans everything, and the one that waits to get told what to do. Each comes with its own pros and cons, but we have some tips on how to get the latter to pick up their slack!
The Big Picture
Before you even begin planning, spend some time together envisioning your perfect wedding day. What style of wedding do you want, how big do you want the party, and what’s the vibe. These are all essential parts of wedding planning. Then, brainstorm some wedding vendors you’ll need for your big day. You’re currently on a website that offers all of the most important wedding vendor services. Once you’ve figured out your vendors, go on to the next step.
Assign Some Wedding Duties
Based on your vision, now assign each other some wedding planning duties. These can intertwine with your natural interests. If your partner is really into music, give the role of finding a DJ in Fargo, ND. If they have a creative eye, give them the role of finding the perfect wedding decor.
If your fiance is indifferent, this can honestly work out! Give them the things that you’re not too excited about. This can be done three months at a time. As always, make sure to check back in with each other to make sure the vision is still on the same path.
Wedding Duties For Non-Planners
- Choosing Caterer or Meal (taste testing included!)
- Find a Cake Provider (or, if applicable, the groom’s cake)
- Reserving the Rehearsal Dinner Location
- Choosing and Buying or Renting their Attire (or their respective groomsmen and/or bridesmaids’ attire)
- Buy Gifts for Your Best Man, Maid-of-Honor, Groomsmen, Bridesmaids, Ring Bearer, and/or Flower Girl
- Hiring a Fargo wedding DJ or Band
- Choosing the Reception Entrance Song
- Choosing the First Dance Song
- Choosing a few Must-Play Songs for the Dance Floor
- Hiring a Party Bus or Shuttle
- Creating your List of Guests to Invite
- Apply for the Marriage License
- Selecting the Honeymoon Destination
- Book a Fargo, ND photo booth rental
Now that you have some ideas on where to begin when wedding planning in Fargo here is one final tip. Wedding planning is a part-time job. If you’re not paying someone for wedding planning services with money, then in the end you will be paying in time. It’s best to dedicate an hour or two a day or a block of time on the weekend to wedding planning. Therefore, you can make small steps forward each week.
Added bonus: One of the biggest benefits of utilizing your time this way is that it will help you avoid wedding planning stress.
Bottom line, you’re not in this alone. Your wedding day is for both you and your fiance. Make sure you each have a say and a voice in how you envision your wedding day. You might be surprised what you can both come up with together as a team!
Complete Weddings + Events Fargo, North Dakota
Ready to bring your wedding ideas to life? Contact us for details on planning the perfect wedding day, complete with Fargo, ND photo booth rental, videography, photography, day-of coordination, and a Fargo wedding DJ.