Wedding showers are a moment to breathe in between planning your wedding and your engagement. This is a great way for your guests to meet each other for the first time before your big day. The big question is, how do you keep your guests entertained? Whether you’re planning on having the party for just the bride, or the wedding couple, we have all the answers right here with five of our favorite wedding shower games!
5 Wedding Shower Games
The Shoe Game
The Shoe Game is an oldie but a goodie! It has been played at many wedding-related parties including the actual wedding. The great thing about the Shoe Game is that it only requires three participants: the soon-to-be wedded and the host, and of course an audience.
Here’s how to play the Shoe Game:
- Have the couple sit back to back in front of the guests.
- The bride and groom will take off their shoes and switch between the two of them. Leaving each with one of their own shoes, and one of their partner’s shoes.
- The host will then ask the couple questions of “who is most likely to…”. The couple will lift up the shoe belonging to the one that they think is the most likely to…
It has been such a popular game over the years that our Minneapolis DJs even host it at weddings! They’ll help keep it fun and interactive by leading the game.
The Couples Roast
A fun twist on charades, The Couples Roast is a great game for couples that can take being in the hot seat. Caution, this one is not for the easily offended. The couple will get to find out what their guests really think of them in a light-hearted way!
Here’s how to play the Couples Roast:
- The hosts will write different scenarios that the bride and groom may end up in on pieces of paper and put them in a hat.
- The guests will partner up in pairs of two.
- Each pair will draw from the hat and act out the scenario. The twist comes with the guests acting as if they were the soon-to-be wedded couple.
For example, a guest draws “Finding a spot to eat for dinner”. That guest and their partner then act out the scene as the couple. All while trying to get their mannerisms correct. No one knows the couple better than themselves, so they’ll be the judge of who gets to win!
Find the Guest
Find the Guest is a great way to get your guests to know each other. By playing this game, they’ll have to interact with each other to be able to figure out who the specific fact belongs to!
Here’s how to play Find the Guest:
- Write out some fun facts you know about each of your guests on separate pieces of paper.
- Have each of your guests draw a piece of paper as they arrive.
- By the end of the night, your guests will have to try to figure out who the random fact belongs to based on their conversations.
Last but not least, here is another twist on a classic game. Wedding Pictionary is exactly as it sounds. Pictionary, but with wedding-related topic ideas. This one will be an easy one for guests to understand because they have most likely played it at some point in their lives.
Here’s how to play Wedding Pictionary:
- The host will write wedding-related drawing ideas on paper before guests arrive.
- Guests will split into teams of two.
- The teams will pick the papers from a hat that describes what they are to draw.
- Their team gets 1 minute to figure out what is being drawn. If the timer runs out, the other team gets a chance to steal the point by guessing the picture with one try.
- The winning team is the one with the most points at the end of it all!
Pass the Vows
Last but not least, a wonderful game of Pass the Vows. Are you still in need of writing your vows? Look no further than your guests to help you! Or at the very least, they can give you a laugh with their wild ideas.
Here’s how to play Pass the Vows:
- With one piece of paper and a writing utensil, have the guests pass them around with each turn.
- Guest one starts the vows with one line. They pass it on to the next player.
- Guest 2 then adds to what the last player added. Keep this going until the last player is reached.
- Once the vows are complete, the bride must perform the vows in their most dramatic voice! (a little alcohol buzz definitely helps with this one).
Remember to keep this one fun, and as whacky as you’d like!
Remember to Laugh and Have Fun!
All in all, these wedding shower games are a great way to keep your guests entertained. Whether they are roasting you, watching you make fun of each other, or just talking amongst themselves. These wedding shower games will be a sure way to get conversations going. One final message, good luck with your marriage and let the wedding shower games begin!
Complete Weddings + Events Minneapolis, MN
Contact us today to learn more about our Minneapolis wedding services. Otherwise, visit our blog to get more great ideas about your wedding.