More than ever, folks are looking for fun wedding reception ideas. You can rest assured that our team at Complete Weddings + Events has you covered. Today’s “Icebreakers” are used to gain crowd engagement. They will get more guests on the dance floor and ultimately, make the evening much more enjoyable. Here are a few ways to make your reception unforgettable.
The Shoe Game –
- In two chairs that are back to back, the bride and groom will sit.
- Both the bride and groom remove their shoes and exchange one so that they are both holding one of each shoe. The bride will have one of her shoes and one of her partner’s shoes. The groom will have one of his shoes and one of his partner’s shoes.
- During the game, a series of questions are asked, and the answer is either “the bride” or “the groom.” The bride and groom answer by holding up the shoe of the correct answer. For instance, if the question was “Who usually cooks breakfast” and the answer is the groom, they should both hold up the groom’s shoes.
- To keep “The Shoe Game” interesting and fun, and in the spirit of being in Florida we like to use a pair of “Bride and Groom” flip flops!
The Dance Off –
- Most adults are slow to the dance floor, so in this instance we want to gather as many kids to the dance floor as possible for a DANCE OFF!
- Invite the adults to circle around them on the dance floor and cheer them on. You can even try pairing some adults up with the kids, to make it interesting.
- To make this a bit more exciting, let’s change the terms. Instead of a dance off, lets have an Air Guitar competition – Kids VS Adults! Be sure to pick the right song for this one.
Father Daughter and Mother Son dances –
These are an age old tradition that we would never recommend completely re-inventing, since they’re always extremely moving moments. However, you can certainly put a modern spin on things. About halfway through each song, have your DJ get on the microphone and invite any other mothers and sons or fathers and daughters to the dance floor. They can say, “ladies and gentleman, today the brides father did something very difficult, he gave away his daughter. The bride and groom wanted to invite any other fathers and daughters to the dance floor, to share a dance.” – talk about waterfalls, this is sure to get some emotions rolling!
A Photo Booth is always a fun way to keep your guests entertained, and you get some great photos of your guests enjoying themselves! If you opt to do an open booth, even guests that are not partaking in the picture taking will be entertained.
When including your guests in your exit photo opt, sparkles are a fun way for everyone to easily be involved!
There are so many ways to get friends and family involved in your big day. Whether it be an old or new idea, we recommend keeping it fun and inventive. We know you’ll never forget that night, try some of these fun wedding reception ideas and we know your guests won’t either!