A wedding is not just an event full of ceremonies. It has much more to offer than delicious treats, music, and dancing to the guests. These days’ couples love to start their marriage with fun games, which make the whole environment more cheerful. Believe it or not, wedding games are great ice-breakers, almost every wedding guest becomes part.
Wedding reception games are an excellent way to engage people who otherwise stay scattered here and there in the wedding. They simply light up the celebratory spirit of the event. If you are planning to make your wedding a complete fun and memorable event, then this post is for you. Here is a list of the best wedding reception games for all those who are looking for ideas to make their wedding more happening.
Wedding Reception Games You Need in San Antonio, TX
1. The Show Game
- Make the bride and groom sit on chairs with their backs towards each other.
- Both the bride and groom should hold one theirs and one their partner’s shoe in both their hands.
- The DJ shall ask questions to the couple. To which the answer must be either ‘bride’ or the groom’. The couple won’t be allowed to speak, they will have to answer the questions by raising a shoe. For instance, if the answer is the bride, then both of them will raise the bride’s shoe and vice versa.
- The maximum tenure of the game is 10 minutes, which includes a series of 20-30 questions being asked.
All you need to do is prepare the question set amusing and well in advance. All the questions asked must be related to the couple’s personal life which involves both of them. Like: Who proposed? Who is more likely to do household tasks? Etc.
2. Wedding Bingo
Want to encourage mingling among your guests? Another wedding game ice breaker is Bingo. In this version, guests don’t sit and mark off a card as numbers are called. Instead, they have to take their card around to the other guests to find someone in the room who can claim “That’s Me!” given the clue provided, and then making it official by writing in their initials. When creating the cards, try to avoid being too generic with descriptions and think about unique clues to describe your guests. Here are some ideas:
- Birth months
- Instruments played
- Sports fan
- Odd talents
- Year born
3. I Spy
One of the more popular wedding table games, the I Spy Wedding Game is a win-win for guests and the newlywed couple. Similar to a scavenger hunt, this wedding games activity instructs guests to use their personal cameras or disposables provided by the couple to seek, find and snap pics of different moments from your memorable day. The guests have fun doing it, and you get to see events from the day you might’ve missed. Win-win!
4. Lawn Games
- Ring Toss: Honor the exchanging of rings with the wedding games version of ring toss. Make your own ring toss set with a painted glass wine or soda bottles in your wedding colors to make the tossers reminiscent of your wedding rings.
- Cornhole: Turn this tailgating favorite into a great wedding game for guests. Customize the boards with your wedding date and your new last name, and you’ll have a memorable backyard game to use in your own yard for years to come.
- Giant Connect Four: Step this classic childhood game up a notch by making it giant-sized. For a fun touch, paint the playing pieces in two of your wedding hues and let the connecting fun begin.
- Giant Checkers: Create this well-known game board using spray paint on grass or chalk on the pavement, or even roll out a checkered game board rug for a reusable option after the wedding lawn games are done. Incorporate your wedding colors by painting the pieces accordingly.
- Giant Jenga: Marriage is a game of balance, and no game better represents that than Jenga. Use a large, outdoor-sized version as a wedding game and include “Did You Know” facts about you and your partner on each block for a personalized touch.
Complete Weddings + Events in San Antonio TX
Our team of professional wedding photographers looks forward to capturing your special moments on this incredibly special day. Contact us by emailing [email protected] and learn how you can experience our mission of providing extraordinary special event services that deliver joy for generations! Complete Weddings + Events, San Antonio leading provider of event and wedding photography, videography, lighting, coordination, DJ services & photo booth rental.