Starting your wedding reception off with a bang comes with choosing that perfect song for your Grand Introduction. You want your wedding guests to know they came here to celebrate this joyous occasion! Set the standard for your guests by choosing a song that makes you want to dance your way up to the head table! Whether you have a more classic taste, or something more modern, from Country to Hip-hop, we’ve categorized some excellent song ideas to kick off your reception. We’ve created a wedding entrance songs Spotify playlist that is sure to have something that fits your style. It will have all the songs listed below and more! Give it a listen while you read for extra brainstorming power!
Best Grand Entrance Songs For Your Wedding
Classic Grand Entrance Songs
Everyone can get on their feet and enjoy these familiar tunes when they greet the wedding party or the just married couple into the reception! You can’t go wrong with songs that never go out of style from classic artists like Whitney Houston and Stevie Wonder. These songs ooze good, nostalgic feelings for guests young and old.
- “You Make My Dreams (Come True)” Daryll Hall & John Oates (1981)
- “Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I’m Yours)” Stevie Wonder (1970)
- “What I Like About You” The Romantics (1979)
- “We Are Family” Sister Sledge (1979)
- “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell (1966)
- “Dancing in the Dark” Bruce Springsteen (1984)
- “I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me)” Whitney Houston (1987)
- “This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)” Natalia Cole (1975)
Songs of the 90s & Early 2000s
These hits from the 90s through 2009 might be great for your wedding party, and even though it’s been 20 years, you probably still know all the words!
- “This is How We Do It” Montell Jordan (1995)
- “Let’s Get Married” Jagged Edge featuring Run (1999)
- “True to Your Heart” 98 Degrees & Stevie Wonder (1998)
- “Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy)” Big & Rich (2004)
- “Crazy in Love” Beyonce featuring Jay-Z (2003)
- “Say Hey (I Love You)” Michael Franti & Spearhead Featuring Cherine Anderson (2008)
- “Hey Ya” Outkast (2003)
- “Forever” Chris Brown (2007)
- “I Gotta Feeling” Black Eyed Peas (2009)
Grand Entrance Songs of the 2010s and Beyond
Start the evening on a high note with more recently released songs from 2010 to 2021. These radio anthems over the past ten years will help ignite energy in all at your wedding reception!
- “Raise Your Glass” P!nk (2010)
- “Marry You” Bruno Mars (2010)
- “Turn Down for What” DJ Snake & Lil Jon (2013)
- “Party Rock Anthem” LMFAO (2011)
- “Country Girl (Shake It For Me)” Luke Bryan (2011)
- “Love On Top” Beyonce (2011)
- “I Want Crazy” Hunter Hayes (2013)
- “Bang Bang” Jessie J, Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj (2014)
- “Uptown Funk” Bruno Mars (2014)
- “Shut Up and Dance” Walk the Moon (2014)
- “Kings & Queens” Ava Max (2020)
- “Higher Love” Kygo, Whitney Houston (2019)
Find all these suggested songs and more on our complete Wedding Entrance Songs playlist on Spotify!
Complete Weddings + Events in Rapid City, SD
Let us help you plan your wedding even more by visiting our wedding inspiration blog! Also, contact Complete Weddings + Events for any Rapid City, SD wedding photography, videography, lighting, DJ services & photo booth rental your upcoming wedding. We’d love to help you plan your big day however we can!