Finding the right wedding venue in Houston that’s best for you and your ideal time-frame may take some time, so we’ve gathered tips to choosing the perfect wedding venue in Houston and surrounding areas for your big day!
- The earlier you start looking at venues after getting engaged, the better the chances they will have your preferred date open.
- If it is the venue of your dreams, chances are others are looking at it also!
- Pick out a season or range of dates that you and your significant other are open to!
- Use tools such as www.houstontxweddingvenues.com to help you find wedding venues in Houston and create a list of your top Houston venues to visit!
Things to Consider When Compiling Your Top Venue List:
- Location- Are you doing ceremony and reception in one place or doing the ceremony at another location such as a house of worship? If guests will be traveling between the two you will want them to be reasonably close together!
- Also for location think about guests traveling to and from your big day, especially those who may be coming from out of town, to make sure it is easily accessible.
- Style, obviously! Hopefully you can find a wedding venue whose decor and architecture or landscaping is exactly what you’re picturing in your head.
- Capacity of the Venue – Make sure it can accommodate all of your invited guests and also vice versa, if you’re planning a small occasion sometimes the venue that fits your vision might be too big of a space and it can get expensive filling a large room to match what you want!
- Budget – The wedding venue rental will be one of, if not the most, expensive things a couple will spend on when planning. Most use around 10-15 percent of their planned budget. This can become even more though with most venues offering inclusive packages!
When Planning Your Visit to a Wedding Venue in Houston:
- Make an appointment with the wedding venue, and be on time!
- Especially now, with Texas starting phase 1 of reopening, there will be a plethora of couples who have been planning their weddings in quarantine and are now eager to get out and look!
- Venues will be booking many tours so please help them out by being on time to not get them off schedule!
Questions While Visiting:
What all is included in the booking?
Many wedding venues in Texas offer packages that include certain things such as
- Rentals (Linens/Tables/Chairs/Lighting/etc.)
- Bar Service
- Bridal Suite and/or place for Groom and groomsmen to prep
- Use of space for Rehearsal Dinner
- Lodging for family/guests
- Entertainment (DJ/Photo booth/etc.)
- Some even all-inclusive to offer everything including Photography, Videography, and even more!
Most venues give you exclusive access to the venue for the day of your event. Some might have restrictions on end time or time limits on setup/cleanup.
Additionally many vendors will offer use of the venue for engagement shoots or other photo opportunities leading up to your day.
What is not included and will need to be taken care of?
- If the venue does not include vendors in packages, are you required to choose from certain vendors or can you use whoever you would like?
- If there are time restrictions and you’re one of those trying to party all night long, are you able to add more time? If so, how much does it cost?
- Are there limitations to decorating that are enforced?
- Some venues cannot allow open flames.
- If you’re having your reception in a museum or historical site, you may not be allowed to have items in certain areas.
Back Up Plans Available?
- Everyone should be extremely aware of this, especially now!
- Of course the usual “Do you have a plan for inclement weather?”, but now be sure to ask about postponement plans should the coronavirus situation or something else like it flares up again.
- Ask to see the bathrooms, kitchen, or other places that don’t stand out as a spot that might need decorating but you will want to see the state of.
- It could be a beautiful venue but the last thing you want is your guests eating food prepared in a disgusting kitchen prep area!
Go With What Feels Right:
- If you visit the venue and are absolutely in love with the style, staff, and everything you’re getting and they also have your date available, then CONGRATS!! You found your venue!
- Did something just feel off? You do not have to agree to anything right then and there.
- Be sure you get a copy of the contract from each venue so that you can take time to read it over and understand it!
Wedding Venue in Houston Directory:
Feel free to reach out to us at Complete Weddings + Events for recommendations or help, and be sure to check out www.houstontxweddingvenues.com for a venue directory and to start your search for a wedding venue in Houston!